Beginning Wednesday, Dec. 15, by order of the California Department of Public Health, masks are required to be worn in all indoor public settings, regardless of vaccine status.
The key requirements of the statewide order are:
- Masks are required at open houses and showings regardless of vaccination status
- The order will be in effect statewide beginning December 15, 2021, through January 15, 2022, at which time it may be extended
- Local cities/counties may continue to have stricter mask requirements
- In workplaces, employers remain subject to the Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards (ETS) but clients are required to wear masks if visiting any real estate brokerage open to the public
- This order supersedes all prior face covering guidance