The Glendale Association of REALTORS® is a proud supporter of NAR’s REALTOR® Safety Program. GAOR is working with NAR, our industry partners, and local law enforcement to help reduce the number of safety incidents that occur in the industry. Every REALTOR® should come home safely to his or her family every night.
Quick Safety Tips Right Now
See below for many resources and ideas you can use to help keep safe. Print out this handy PDF of 56 Safety Tips and give them to everyone in your office. Post these tips at home for your family and housemates.
Top 10 REALTOR® Safety Tips For You
- Keep it light. Show properties before dark. If you are going to be working after hours, advise your associate or first-line supervisor of your schedule.
- Check in. When you have a new client, ask him/her to stop by your office.
- Don’t be too public. Limit the amount of personal information you share.
- Touch base. Always let someone know where you are going and when you will be back.
- Open house safety. Don’t assume that everyone has left the premises at the end of an open house. Check all of the rooms and the backyard prior to locking the doors.
- Social Media. What you should never post.
- Stranger Danger. Tell your clients not to show their home by themselves. Alert them that not all agents, buyers and sellers are who they say they are.
- Sturdy doors are key to home safety.
- Block identity theft.
- Keep track of colleagues.
- Wear your REALTOR® ID. Always wear visible company identification such as a badge.