The Benefits of Joining the Glendale Association of REALTORS®
Welcome to the Glendale Associate of REALTORS®.
As a GAOR Affiliate, you have many opportunities to be involved with the Association and engage with our REALTORS®. We encourage participation and look to the Affiliates to bring up fresh and new ideas for REALTOR® engagement. Here is where to get started.
- Online profile:
- Every Affiliate is given a profile page.
- Links pointing from your GAOR profile page are going to the landing page you desire.
- Profile picture. If you prefer a different image, point us to a page that has it or email us a copy.
- Your company logo.
- Caravan Meetings: Every Wednesday at our Caravan Meeting we provide a few ways to get your business known to our members:
- Attendance: Attend our weekly virtual Caravan Meetings where our Affiliate Committee Chair will introduce each Affiliate at the top of the meeting before our Association president covers the business of the week. Here you have 15 seconds or so to contribute any good industry advice or just say hello.
- Affiliate Shout Outs: Using our online spreadsheet, provide information about yourself for an 'Affiliate Shout Out' to be printed above the fold in our weekly Town Hall email notices. We rotate one Affiliate every week. In a sentence or two, use this as an opportunity to provide readers with topical advice and not just a plug for your name and business. Here is an example of an email with the Shout Out.
- Affiliate Spotlights: Here is an opportunity to go beyond short greetings. Sign up to give a 3-5 minute presentation on any topic you like. Feel free to mix in your business, professional background, and any personal information or stories to make yourself known. Here are examples of Affiliates who volunteered for a spotlight.
- Affiliates Committee: Get involved with Affiliates Committee efforts and their outreach events.
- Panel Events: The Affiliates Committee comes up with topics to present in a Panel Discussion. These 10-15 minute events are a panel of three or four professionals leading a conversation and taking questions. The panel is moderated by an Affiliate or GAOR colleague. Here is an example of a past panel event.
- Committee Volunteering: The Affiliates Committee meets monthly (usually after a Caravan Meeting) to brainstorm ways to support the needs of our REALTORS® and the community at large. Here is a blank slate where you can have a positive influence in shaping the agenda for the year and potential new directions for the group. Here is an example of an event the committee sponsored.
- Affiliates Chair: Our Affiliates Chair holds the position for one year. This ensures a constant rotation of new ideas and strategies. Every year we look for someone to facilitate and lead our Affiliate members. We are always looking for co-chairs who can support the chair position and step in when the chair is absent.
- Sponsors and Advertisers
- Advertisers: We offer advertising opportunities on our website and on our MLS website. If this is something that interests you, please reach out to our CEO David Kissinger to discuss these options.
- Sponsors: Each year we provide industry professionals, both members and non-members alike, the opportunity to sponsor an Association event. We welcome both annual and event sponsors.
- Event Sponsors:
- Annual Events: We look for Industry Professionals to sponsor two annual events toward the end of each year: the CanTree Holiday Party and our Annual Installation & Awards. Each event usually involves many sponsors at different levels.
- GAOR Events at the GAOR office: We welcome Affiliates to sponsor new member orientation, classes, or social mixers held at our GAOR office. This involves providing coffee/pastries, lunch, or appetizers. You also get five minutes to speak to our captive audience (20-60 agents) at the beginning of the class. You can also hand out swag or provide giveaways.
- Special Events: Other special events come up during the year that may be off-site or in our parking lot. These are other venues where we look for Affiliates to sponsor.
- Annual Sponsors: Here is where we put your company in front of our members at every event along with other event sponsors. Your brand is placed on our website and in the footer of all our email correspondences, as well as printed on event flyers. Please call David Kissinger for pricing.
- Event Sponsors: