Fire Marshall Ragusa explains how the city will work with REALTORS® in selling properties and meeting New Disclosure Requirements for Properties in the City’s High Fire Hazard Areas.
Questions addressed are:
- Does Glendale have a local ordinance requiring brush removal or defensible space vegetation management?
- Does Glendale have a local ordinance requiring home hardening?
- How does a home/property owner document compliance?
- Can a homeowner call for a GFD inspection after the work in No.1 above has been completed?
- Is there a cost associated with the inspection?
- What is the lead time to call for an inspection?
- How long does the inspection take?
- Will GFD provide a certificate of compliance to the homeowner after the associated inspection? Provided of course, there is compliance?
- What mapping system does GFD use to identify HFHZ?
- Do you know how many homes/ properties are located in high fire hazard zones in Glendale?