A Panel Discussion with State Legislators on Racial Equality and Housing
- The Honorable State Senator Anthony Portantino (D-25)
- The Honorable Assemblymember Chris Holden (D-41)
- The Honorable Assemblymember Laura Friedman (D-43)
- Crystal DaCosta: GLAR Board Member of the Black Business Caucus
Friday, October 30 | 9:00 a.m.
Advanced Registration Required
Join us and hear the latest on racial equality and equity in our communities. Learn what we can do to promote fair housing. Find out what is happening in Sacramento and connect with our legislators who are representing us in the halls of the State Capitol.
- Fair Housing
- Diversity in education
- Affirmative action- how can we ensure all students receive an equal education?
- Diversity in policing.
- What can the state do to encourage local cities to move towards a community policing model to strengthen relationships between the police departments and communities they serve?
- Diversity within local and state government.
This important event is brought to you by the Glendale, Arcadia, Pasadena-Foothills and Burbank Associations of REALTORS®. We are proud to help advance the cause of diversity, racial and ethnic awareness – it’s not just the law, but fair housing is in our REALTOR® Code of Ethics – and it’s the right thing to do.