Thank you for your interest in running for election to a 2022 Leadership position at the Glendale Association of REALTORS®. It is because of professionals and dedicated volunteers like you that we are able to maintain the long-term viability of our association and support the REALTOR® profession. The approximately 1,600 members of GAOR – along with the more than one million members of the National Association of REALTORS® all over the United States – will benefit because you chose to step up.
In order to be considered as a candidate please review carefully the guidelines and timetables below. In addition you are encouraged to review the role descriptions and requirements of each position, which we provide for you separately.
Positions Open for Election for the 2022 GAOR Officers and Directors
- Vice President
- Board of Directors (four seats open)
GAOR Election Timeline
- May 14: Start accepting applications (open for 2 weeks)
- May 28, 5:00 p.m.: Deadline for candidate applications
- June 2: Nominating Committee presents slate (4 weeks before election)
- June 2: Campaigning starts. GAOR will publish candidate statements
- June 9: Nominating by Petition deadline (3 weeks before election)
- June 16: Announcement of any nominations by petition
- June 16: Voting begins. Ballots emailed to members (14 days open)
- June 16 and 23: Candidates introductions at weekly Caravan meetings
- June 28, 5:00 p.m.: Election ends. Ballots received after this time will not be counted
- June 29: Election Committee certifies the ballots
- June 30, 9:30 a.m.: General Membership Meeting – Announce new Officers and Board
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, voting will take place online only. You will receive an email with instructions and link to click for casting your online ballot. You may vote only once for each open position; multiple votes cast may result in disqualification of your ballot. Online votes received after 5:00 p.m. on June 28 will not be counted.
Please ensure that your email address is current and accurate according to GAOR’s records. Contact the GAOR Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Candidates will have opportunities to reach out to other GAOR members, their potential voters, during the campaigning period from June 2 until July 28. GAOR will publish and email your bios and personal statements to all members. In addition, all candidates will be invited to speak at a weekly caravan meeting.
As a candidate you also have other opportunities to ask GAOR members for votes, including personal emails, websites and social media. Because of ongoing concerns during the pandemic crisis, you are urged to follow all recommendations and mandates from public health officials including social distancing, masks, and other measures while campaigning. Protect yourself and others at all times.
The Nominating Committee will present a slate of recommended candidates. However, if you are not on the slate then you may still run for election as long as your candidate application is submitted before the deadline OF XXXXX. Write-in candidates will not be considered.
Thank you again for taking this opportunity to join GAOR’s leadership team and run for an elected position. If you have any questions please contact at email@example.com.
Chief Executive Officer